I'm Losing It

I'm Losing It
ME

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Playdough anyone???

So if your kids are anything like mine right now they have cabin fever BIG TIME!!! Spring is so close I can taste it. But we still have to get through my least favorite month...March. Part of the challenge is finding anything that can occupy them to keep their minds off swimming at the beach, riding their bikes outside, and running through the sprinklers in their swimming suits. I made playdough this morning from scratch and it was such a big hit I thought I'd share the recipe.

Mix:
1 cup flour
1/3 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar

Stir into:
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
choice of food coloring (if desired)

Cook on low to almost medium heat stirring until it forms a ball. Knead and cool on wax paper. Store in plastic bag.


Super easy to make and provides hours of fun. I made Hannah's pink (her favorite color), Ava's is purple (her favorite color) and Brady's red. But it doesn't really matter what color I made Brady's because he's just going to try to eat it anyway. This playdough is so much better than the store-bought stuff and doesn't dry out if you keep it stored in a ziploc bag in the fridge.

Guaranteed to occupy your little ones while mama gets her Facebook fix in:) A WIN for everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yep - this is the recipe that we used and I always tried to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spring fever ---badly!!! Since I don't have any children I am thinking I should just make the Play-dough myself--maybe do a Green and Gold theme?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the playdoh we make for the preschool only we use package of kool aid mixed in the water then its pretty colors and smells so good!

    ReplyDelete