I'm Losing It

I'm Losing It
ME

Friday, March 4, 2011

Got Milk?

So once I find a food I like I tend to stick with it. I guess you could say I'm a creature of habit. This morning's entree consisted of:

2 cups of Corn Chex (6 pts)
3/4 cups skim milk (2 pts)
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries (0 pts)

I absolutely cannot eat just one cup of cereal in the morning. It just does not fill me up. Of course considering I used to never eat breakfast I'd say that's a vast improvement. Gone are the days of eating Cookie Crisp, Cocoa Puffs, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Hell if you're going to eat those why not just pour a cup of sugar straight in your mouth. Cuz that's all it is. Lucky Charms are my all time fav and from time to time I'll treat myself to them. But these days healthier breakfast cereals are lining my shelves. Things like Corn Chex, Rice Krispies, Special K, and Cheerios. And now that spring is here fresh fruit is starting to appear like magic. I've started buying oranges, strawberries, and {gasp} grapes. Do you sample a grape in the store before buying them? I watched my mom do that growing up. So essentially she taught me at a young age to shoplift! Lol. Is it shoplifting to sample a grape? I suppose one grape is ok, but if you're sampling enough to make a damn fruit salad then there's a problem.

I'm a skim milk girl. No 1% or 2% for me. And if you make me drink whole milk expect for me to promptly toss my cookies. I cannot handle whole milk. Even 2% is iffy. Skim milk is what we buy (or should I say I buy) in our house. The 2% milk is reserved for my 22 month old son. Hell, even he couldn't stomach (literally) whole milk. I taught that boy well lol. I've always been a big milk drinker ever since I was a wee one.

Well this girl is sweating from working out to Private Practice on the treadmill. I'm not sure if the sweat is due to watching Taye Diggs (the incredibly hot guy who plays Sam) or actually burning calories. Maybe the hotter the guys on tv the better workout I get?? Ya think? It feels good to have the workout out of the way. I'll do a workout dvd later with my daughters upstairs. Don't worry.....I'll stay away from the one I have that teaches you how to strip tease. They don't need to learn how to do that for another few years. Kidding!!! Happy Friday:)


Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment